In 1608 the mansion was first mentioned in the archives of Uzès. During the following 300 years various extensions were added to the main building. According to a legend even a pharmacist of the sun king Louis XIV lived here. In 1871 the mansion changed to its present day architecture, which largely relies on the English manor style. Under today's patronage, a comprehensive but soft renovation took place in the year 2000: Taking the spirit of the building into account, its historical character was preserved. The laying out of the park in the 19th century is worth mentioning: It is dominated by a majestic avenue of plane trees. There is a small bamboo forest and an area with spring water inviting visitors to bathe.